Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sigur Rós at the Museum of Modern Art


I know, a little late to the game here :-(

So last night I was going through the TV, since there is NOTHING to watch when you are at your most bored - and I saw THIS. I got up from bed and screamed like a tween upon catching a glimpse of Hannah Montana - I was like "Oh my god oh wow wow oh my god its Sigur Fucking Rós!!" Here is a performance of Sigur Rós at the Museum of Modern Art in New York last August. Yeah I know, as in August of 2008. It's okay though - timeless music is just that. Timeless.

Yeah, back in the morbid-misery filled days of my life a few years ago, I LOVED and delighted in listening to what I liked to call "wrist-slicing music" - and my boss sent me home along with two albums that would open my mind to some of the most beautiful music I have ever heard in my life. Sigur Rós is an Icelandic band, delighting us with music composed of angelic, cloudlight melodies, silk laced string instruments, and bestowing us with the voice of an angel. Ever heard a seraphim sing? No? Well, today is your lucky day :-)

On a personal note, I fight back the tears when I listen to their music. So cry with me - here are some of their tunes :-)
Image Source: NYMag

No comments: