Tuesday, March 3, 2009

New Neko Case

The extremely talented and gorgeous creature that is Neko Case released a new album today, called Middle Cyclone . I remember seeing her for the first time ever a few years ago at La Zona Rosa - I was mesmerized by her voice, her beauty and her incredible music. With lyrics like "I've waited with a glacier's patience" and "The next time you say forever I will punch you in your face - just because you don't believe it doesnt mean I didnt mean it" - paired with hauntingly echoic guitar riffs, this album seems to carry the theme of love and sorrow of losing it. The bittersweet double sided sword that is Love.

You can listen to her new album on NPR (here). It's pretty amazing.

2 comments:

Nefarious Newt said...

Have just finished listening to half a dozen tracks and I'm definitely hooked! This goes on my purchase list!

Bibi said...

She is AMAZING. I can email you some songs I have of hers, older of course but amazing!