Wednesday, February 4, 2009

How do you let go when you're not ready?


Yeah well here I am again. Seems that boyfriend and I may be calling it quits sometime soon. I am and have never been good at letting things go when there is nothing left. I don't know if there is anything left to hold on to - somedays there seems to be a reason and other days not so much. I'm not ready to let him go, but I can't be selfish either. I hate this shit. I'd rather get an enema than have to go through another fucking breakup.

And I always go through the "what did I do wrong, what could I have done differently" route when its breakup time, which is never good. I just hope that when it happens, I'll be stronger than the last one. I still have the scars on my arm to remind me.

Suggestions?

1 comment:

Nefarious Newt said...

Breaking up will never be easy. You become attached to someone and then they are not there, and you are suddenly faced with the myriad ways they influenced your life, and feels as if a hole has been drilled in you. But eventually, the edges of the hole wear down, the hole fills in with the sediment of your daily life, and at some point you begin again.